Sunday, February 04, 2007

In Memory of Mohd Ya'akub Bin Hj. Yussof

I buried who would've been my future father-in-law. The funny thing is, he recognises me as "Kong Chye". I miss him so much, now that he's gone. He passed on at 0458 hrs Sunday morning, 04 Feb 2007'. I was there with Su, her sister and mother when he took his last breath. We all cried. And we started making calls slighty more than 10 minutes after that.

Pak Long came together with Cik Japhar at about 0640 hrs. At this time, we had already made arrangements with the undertaker, and informed most of the people who would do all the passing of info for us. Alhamdulilah for them.

One of the things that we were anxious was whether the death would be classified as "natural" or "unnatural". We were glad that it was classified as natural. There was some dispute whether he had hit his head before he fainted, or fainted before he hit his head. The verdict of "natural" gave us the spread of the window of burial to be bigger. Alhamdulilah.

At about 0720, his body was transported by the morgue technicians to the mortuary. Pak Long, Cok Japhar, Taha & myself went. Actually, Pak Long & Cik Japhar insisted that I come along with them, despite telling them I would like to go home first. They knew what they were doing.

When we lifted his body to the casket van, I was crying all the time. The crying never really stopped till he was buried in the afternoon, at about 1440 or so. During this time, my eye infection seemed to have gone away with all the tears pouring out of my eyes.

We got to his home at about 0820. The embalmer (who is also a religious person) suggested that we start the embalming at 1000 hrs. This would allow the body to be transported straightaway to the mosque once the rituals were done. Alhamdulilah, he knows what he's doing as well. We were all in good hands, with His gifts of Guidance. Alhamdulilah!

Our gang of four proceeded to a police post to get the orginal death certificate. Half an hour later, we were having breakfast at "lestari". It was much needed. Unfortunately, I didn't eat enough to gain the energy that was needed for the rest of the day.

Her father's side of the family invited me to witness the washing of the body. But probably the embalmer thought that I was the strongest person there. Each time I carried his body, I cried uncontrollably. I was the only man who was sobbing.

I'm sorry... I cannot continue. The memories are too painful for me now. I'll try write another day. Thank you for all your kind words, messages and for those who made the effort to come over to her dad's place and the mosque as well as the burial. Allah will bless you abundantly for all your efforts. My sincerest thanks to each and everyone of you.

Suraya's happiness is now my responsibility, this is all I know.

jahwsl
2052
04 Feb 07'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home