Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Another One Bites The Dust

I will never go to his house again. It's a torture to see him the way he is now. Sure, his wife is expecting and his 16 month old daughter is such a wonderful creature. He has a great job with enough time off on weekends, lives in a nice HDB apartment in Punggol. Problem: his wife.

I never liked her the first time I saw her. I even discouraged him from marrying her. So did his family. They did anyway, and like a true friend, I flew back in from Jakarta for his wedding.

She's a rough person by nature. Never lady-like. Never mind she weighs in a little less than Hulk Hogan and she can't speak proper english even karaoke style where the words are flashed right in front of her. For an 'N' level holder, she really is arrogant. It seems that I am never welcomed in her house, even though it's my friend who's paying for it. Never greets me or say hi. And this was the person I invited to my own house years ago before they were married and she whacked so much of my chocolates that were meant for other guests as well. And she had no qualms throwing the wrappers on the floor too.

Ill-mannered, she never says "thank you" or "please". This evening, she expected her husband to go buy food for her, as with every other night. Not one mention of politeness. And my friend refuses to believe he is hen-pecked. We were wild those days, and honestly, I think marriage has taken away his identity. Poor guy.

Few days ago, I did a favour by ordering, through staff purchase, a carton of 3 bags x 66 diapers. She did not want to collect it from my waiting taxi (I still had another place to go to) and insisted I bring it up to her place cos she's 5 months pregnant and her maid's asleep. So my time is worth less than a maid's? Whoops... no more staff purchase for her anymore...

That said, I wonder how he can tolerate her. I remember in the early part of their marriage, he was very demeaning and condesending towards her. I think he just caved in now for the sake of his kid.

Sempre Fe my friend.

jahwsl
2252
31 Jan 07'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home