Sunday, February 11, 2007

When The Dust Settles...

Today is exactly one week after Ya'akub passed away. Both SU & I miss him much, but Alhamdullilah, we've have a strong feeling he is indeed in a better place. We have been given peace, Alhamdullilah.

Many things have happened, namely prayer sessions. We had one on Monday, Wednesday & yesterday - Saturday. All sessions saw almost everyone present for the the initial session. We had equally good news to celebrate as well. 3 youngsters who were waiting for their 'O' level results did well enough to go to local polytechnics, Hafeez daughter turned one year old and is a healthy little girl. Insya Allah, we will have more good news for the cause of getting together, and not only on demise. It was a good session.

I had a very bad flu, cold, cough and well... as if it wasn't enough, I suffered from sleep deprivation.

Ya'akub's maid will be going back to be reunited with her family, Insya Allah, soon. The sale of assets would be not too complicated, Insya Allah, and with all things, we can only hope and pray. Insya Allah, He will deliver us from all evils and dangers.

The week flew past with all these events. It has been a slow week for me at work. Dealing with the loss of Ya'akub was still beginning to sink in. I was in fact more and more convinced that Ya'akub, with the lack of proper judgement in the decisions he had made, was in fact, undeniably a good person.

I never actually cared with people said about him, about what happened in the past. I was fortunate enough not to know him then. All I ever knew about him was that he was a person with an accute sense of humour, and needed coaxing to come out of whatever shell he was in for the longest time. I remember, with my vulgarities and taunting, he responded well. We were equals.

Last night, Su & I read the Yaasin late into the night, to close to 2am. It was a humbling experience for both of us, and it felt good. Insya Allah, we will have more chances to read it.

I remember reading this: "Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, it is the number of breaths that take you away". Too many of us get cornered into getting stuck in a rut. Words like career, money, cars, etc, seem to be the things that are widely sought after. What ever happened to a fulfilling way of life, family, completeness, etc.

Insya Allah, both Su & I would not lose focus on the real important things in life.

jahwsl
1336
11 Feb 07'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home